Looking for something?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feature Shop: Teener1416 and SubtleandChic



Last week I started participating in a fantastic promotion thread where I got to talk to a few people that I knew from the critique forum, and got to know the terrific host of the threads, Chrissy!

She runs a wonderful shop as Teener1416 selling gorgeous etched eggs for very affordable prices. When I first saw her shop, I was instantly drawn in because of a sense of familiarity. My Grandma had a vase full of Ukrainian painted eggs that I found fascinating, and so I spent quite a bit of time looking at the detail in Chrissy’s eggs.

I’d have to say that this green tree etched egg is my favorite. I’m a very earthy person and this one caught my attention as soon as I saw it. The detail on the tree leaves and the leaves on the side of the egg is so intricate and beautiful. The same detail can be found in all of her eggs, especially the ones featuring flowers.


Chrissy doesn’t stop at eggs! She recently opened her new shop, SubtleandChic, featuring earrings. Her earrings are simple, inexpensive, and quite darling! She has a wide range of colors and styles so you’ll be sure to find something you like. With such reasonable prices, even people going through hard times in this economy can afford to treat themselves to something beautiful.

If you would like to participate in her promotion thread, all you have to do is click here! Request to be added to the advertising list by posting a link to your shop and a quick blurb about what you sell. I’m sure she’d be overjoyed if you want to donate an item to be given away in the thread, too. I really like the idea behind her thread and hope they carry on and become known on the promotion boards.

2 comments:

  1. I see that you have writing listed as one of your interests! Perhaps you would like my blog:

    http://openingmyvein.blogspot.com/

    I love to write, and though I don't write often, I feel that I have to have an outlet somewhere. So here, every now and then, I'll unpack my thoughts and regale everyone with them. You might enjoy some of my short, random stories and sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful feature! My mom has some of Chrissy's egss and they ARE fabulous. They came with some printed information on the Lithuanian etched and dropped wax art form which made them even more special. What a beautiful splash of color they add to a display. Her earrings promise to be as delightful as her eggs!

    ReplyDelete